Thanks to everyone who attended our e-safety parent information session this morning.
Online safety is a massive consideration and we believe if we all work together then our children should remain safer online.
Have a look for the notes from today’s session on the website under the Parents tab.
Here is the feedback from parents who attended today’s session:
- It was a very interesting briefing. I found it useful. I will use the Our Pact app.
- Really good ideas from Sean and good to hear other parents with same issues.
- Fab app idea for turning access off. Good to discuss Xbox too for internet access.
- It was very interesting. I have learnt a few things.
- Very good! Thought provoking and useful tips.
- Interesting presentation and covering a broad range of issues. I feel it has equipped me with the knowledge to start conversations with the whole family. Sharing experiences with other parents is very useful.
- It was really useful. Thank you.
- Very useful. Good to repeat often. I can’t emphasise enough the importance of no tech at bedtime (incl. on sleepovers!).
- Very useful – raised issues I do worry about and some I hadn’t thought of. Also practical strategies to help. Thanks.
- Thanks a lot for the useful information provided, especially ‘Our Pact’.
- Thank you. Very useful. Edmodo sounds like a good way to prepare kids.
- Really useful. Really like the My Pact app.
- Very useful to have this type of meeting. Would be great to have one that’s more of a discussion, maybe on a regular basis.
- Would it be possible to have a hands-on workshop to look at Our Pact, etc.?
We are doing these briefings more frequently and it was great to have such a good turnout today. We will think about how to include a hands-on element in future. In the meantime the resources in the Parents tab should help. There were a number of useful leaflets available at today’s briefing. If any parent was not able to come today but would like to look at the leaflets then please see Sean.
The powerpoint used today is here: Online safety talk for parents – March 17